Sunday, September 4, 2011

Just Waiting...

The apartment I've been promised to move in to is still not available... Drove by there yesterday and it looks like the girl who lives in there now hasn't even started emptying it... I called the landlord and he said she's on her way and it will be ready for us here soon... I'll let you know he told me and hung up!!!
Well, while I'm waiting I've bought lots of stuff to fill the little apartment with. Beds for the kids, chairs, stuff for the kitchen, lamps and tons and tons of small knickknacks one needs.

Lamps are a funny thing. In the US lamps come with the purchase of a home or is included in the rent. I thought it was weird at first when I got there, but it actually is quite smart, at least it's not pitch black when you move in, right?

Here in Sweden, all kitchen appliances, washers and driers and are included but you have to get the lamps yourself!

Since two of my cousins work at two different second hand stores it has given me a chance to go in there and pick out what I need for a bargain unheard of!!!

So even though we went to IKEA to pick out lots of other things, I didn't have to spend that much money there. All I need now is a couch and some rugs and I'll go back to IKEA for that when I get the keys to the apartment. I have no where to store a couch while I'm waiting.

Went by work on Friday, it was fun! Most people are still there from when I used to work there 12 years ago.
I realized how very nervous I am about going back to work. I don't remember half of what I used to know and people who remember me from when I used to work kept saying; well you're smart and a quick learner, you'll have no problem at all getting back to where you used to be.
Well, that's the problem!! I've lost a good 50% of my brain capacity from back then, I don't have the fire and enthusiasm I used to, and I'm scared they will realize I'm just a dumb fool these days... pretending to know things I don't.

Also, I've never worked outside the home in a different environment than where my kids are. In AR I worked at the same pre-school where the kids went. I worked nights during the weekends at MOLEX while Dale or Alyssa were home, and in CO I again worked at the same school where the kids were at so I never have had to leave them at day care early in the morning and pick them up late in the afternoon as I will have to now starting Monday. That's scary as well, both for me and the kiddos.

What if I forget something to send with them to school one day? will they think I'm a worthless mom? What if I can't make it to their soccer game in time? Or to the parent teacher conference on Tuesday? Thankfully this is just until Dale comes back in November. So for two months I have to try to do what 1000s of single moms do every day...

so If you know any single mom working full time, give her a hug and tell her I'm her biggest fan!!!

No comments: