Thursday, January 14, 2010

My Own Religion

I'm tired of being angry.
I'm tired of knowing all the loop holes, all excuses for why God do this and that and why He thinks this is a sin but not that. Tired of living in an Old Testament with a vague promise of a New Testament, but just if you first do this this and this...

Hereby I will attempt to forget everything I "know" about religion, and about God, and make my own...

I know what you're thinking... you can't make your own religion, there's just one way to God and so forth, I know, I know, and I'm not really going to make a new religion ( there's plenty of people out there making new ones as we speak).

I was more thinking about the Sunday school, religion free faith that most of us had when we were kids. The faith in Jesus healing the sick, walking on water, finding the lost lamb, and the father waiting to put a ring on the long lost son's finger.

Faith that don't give a damn if you're gay, black or white, poor or better off. Faith that understands that the least among us are the most important in the Kingdom.

It's going to be a lot of cutting and pasting in my mind and heart. 42 years in sometime more, sometime less "GOD influenced" environments.

So for my own sanity, let everyone have their beliefs, try not to get upset when people tell me what I have to belive, and try to do good to all.

If this helps me pass the pearly gates, that's fine, if not, hopefully I'm at least at peace with myself and with my very own I AM!

No comments: