Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Is It the 7 year Itch?


My Husband and I have been married for 7 years now and I love him more today than I did when I first met him.
I heard on the radio today about that after about 7 years a lot of married couples tend to get what they call: the "7 year itch".

Now I'm wondering if that's what I had?

On July 4th we went out early early to do something illegal..... picking Chantarells in a state park.... bad, I know but how in the world are you supposed to resist a whole forest full of the yellow beautiful fungus?

Anyway, since I'm the brave and death seeking one in our marriage I was the one out there picking while my husband wandered weary back and forth on the walking path looking out for early hikers or runners.

The view of all the "gold" in the woods made me totally under the influence, and I ran around through the thick brush, not aware of anything but the mushrooms for about 2 hours or until the big backpack I carried on my back was about to tear, and my husband got cold feet and wanted us to get out of there.

Not until much later, after cleaning the mushrooms and getting the 4th of July party started, I finally got a chance to take a shower, but that was too late... my whole body was infested with chiggers, and for 3 weeks I did not do anything but itch.

I'm not sure if this has anything to do with what they were talking about on the radio but it sure sounds suspiciously like it.

1 comment:

Annika said...

Magdalena, you naughty illegal woman!