Thursday, May 17, 2007

End of the Year Explosion

Summer parties, band concerts, award ceremonies and hula-hula dress-ups are booked in three months in advance and still they all interfere with each other these last weeks of the school year.

I'm starting believe that the Chinese law that set the limit to one child per family, isn't that bad, considering how thin you can stretch a mom running back and forth between all the children's activities.

I'm home on half time intermission,

and I was thinking about how everything reaching such climax at this time of the year. The season finale on all TV shows, the time when everything practiced and rehearsed for finally happens, and then all of a sudden it's over and a vacuum of nothing at all fills our souls.
That nothing that fills everything and everyone is what Europeans call vacation.

Since I'm a better starter than finisher I think that's why I'm more of a fall person than a spring person. In the fall you get a chance to start all over, sign up for that class, organize everything and open up a new blank calender and write pretty little notes on the first couple of pages, soon enough it's going to be a mess again and impossible to read scribbles on the faster and faster turning calender pages.

Anyway, I think it sucks that Melinda got voted off

No comments: