Wednesday, May 16, 2007

GOP, Mormons and other critters

OK, I made a decision long ago never to watch Fox News so I didn't see the debate last night but I've seen some of the comments this morning on the other news channels, and I have to admit that even though I hardly agree on anything John McCain says, I love the man, and if I had to pick a Republican President I'd pick him. But hopefully we don't pick an other GOP candidate.... ever again.

Switching subjects, I've finally watched the Frontline special about the Mormons on PBS.
I had 6 hours all to myself yesterday and I spend 4 of those hours in the couch with Joseph Smith and his followers. It's a fascinating saga, and even more so since I got to talk to two wonderfully sweet Mormon sisters last week. I'm always open for religious and philosophical talk so I gladly invited them in for a 'Fika' when they came knocking on my door.
It's hard to have a 'Fika' with a Mormon since they don't drink coffee or tea, but on the other hand they eat more sweets and candy than all other faiths combined, so I made some Kool-Aid and whipped up some chocolate chip cookies, and TA-DA we had a wonderful time. They even ordered a Book of Mormon in Swedish for me!

When it comes the Mormon GOP candidate, I'm sure that the Bible Thumping, Hard Core, Ultra Evangelical Christian Right, will make his journey relatively short, with and without Mr Falwell's lead.

My kids brought yet another turtle in the house today. I fed it lettuce, cucumber and a piece of apple but it was kind of picky with it's food choices, and refused to eat anything until Erik found a big fat earth worm...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Girl - thanks for the invite!
When did you stop liking foxnews?
Glad to "hear" things are normal there - love the turtle!! Have a great day!
love,
kat