Sunday, September 19, 2010

New Freak Show on TLC

Funny funny funny... or at least that's what I think...

You might all know my views of TLC's show about the Duggar family and their twisted views on children, God and everything in between.

Now TLC is doing it again, but this time with a family of multiple wives married to one man, somewhere in Utah (where else?).

I don't know what this new show really is going to be about, and I don't know how much the 13 kids (this one man has 3 wives and together they have 13 kids, still way behind the Duggar's 19 kids with just one wife) are going to be exploited and if they themselves are allowed to watch any TV. But it's going to be interesting to see. How will TLC portrait this wacko family? Will there be a fan page on FB for people that find passages in the bible that fits in with this lifestyle? I know for sure that many people in the old testament had more than one wife, Abraham, maybe being the most famous one. Will there be games you can play to name all the kids? Will people ask how one of the wives fix her hair or keep track on when it's her turn to be with the husband?

So I went to Face Book to see if there was anything about this show and behold there was one, only one page.... called: "Against the show Sister wives".

In the description the founder of the page says: " I have nothing against these people in any other way than how they are conducting their married life..." "God did not intend for marriage to be like this and I'm here to say it's not okey" "It should not be on a station like TLC. I am a Christian and I am taking a stand against this show because I'm tired of seeing shows like this."

Now what I'm really dying to know is if the 171 people that are fans on the page "against the show sister wives" also have opinions about the Duggars? And if so, are they positive or negative? Hmmm, why is it that I think they are all on the Duggar's fan page?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My dad has been writing a book precisely on point with this blog, I have emailed him the web address so perhaps he could pick up a couple pointers. Fantastic Job.

Home Swede Home said...

thanks for sharing! If you don't mind, could you give me the name of your dad and the name of the book? I would love to read it!

Chelle Zwack said...

Did you ever get to watch the show? Looks like they are facing charges now.