Friday, January 9, 2009

H&M fashion

When I lived in Sweden, single, in a small apartment, by budget was not very impressive, as a matter of fact, there were days in the end of the month, when I walked home from the bus stop after work, staring at the ground, looking for some money. I was never without food, never without clothing or any other every day necessity, but some months the money ran out waaaay before the days.

A clothing store that always fell under the category to shop at was H&M, not so much for their style, or lack there of, but because their prices was at a level where I could afford it.

So H&M, or "Hennes" as we called it was like the "poor man's store" and absolutely nothing special.

Imagine my surprise when I today watched one of the 24 hour news networks where they were discussing the inauguration ball in less than 10 days and what soon to be first-wife Michelle O is going to wear, they said that she wears a lot of very popular H&M clothes!

H&M says very proudly they quickly sell out when ever Michelle O is photographed in one of H&M's outfits.

Suddenly I wish I had saved some of my old H&M clothes. I could wear them again and feel almost First Lady like

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hej Magdalena!

Jag måste säga att jag njuter av att läsa dina inlägg i bloggen. Dina jämförelser med Sverige och Amerika ställer verkligen saker på sin spets. Och du har såå rätt. Jag skrattade också högt när jag läste ditt inlägg om American football... Hihi! Och vill också tillägga att vi i vår familj antagligen kan anses som helrätt, då vi i stor utsträckning handlar på Hennes (H&M).. Jag hoppas verkligen att allt är bra med dig/er! Hoppas att vi ses någon gång! Kram Jenny (låtsassyrran)

Annika said...

Magdalena! Jag kan skicka över lite H&M kläder till dig!!

Kram kram

Home Swede Home said...

OK,I'm size 44 and I like everything that covers my whole body... no showing of either butt or belly, ok? remember I'm 41!
ha ha