Sunday, August 21, 2011

How Difficult Can It Be To Get A Phone?

The next couple of days at the summer home we tried to get things accomplished at the same time as we wanted to make sure that we got time to enjoy the last few days together with fishing, walks in the woods, fikas and some good foods.
Finally my numbers got reconnected and we could go and pick up the car!!! The dealer had been nice and let us borrow a small Nissan while we waited for my stuff to go through but to get the one we had looked out felt pretty good!
Since my numbers were working again I thought we’d go by the phone place and get a phone and access to the world again. Said and done, we walked in, picked out a black iPhone 4 with the services I wanted and were about to get a contract when the sales guy says, well, I can’t get you a phone because you have not been living in Sweden for 8 months yet…. YOU’VE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME????!!!!!!!!
Now I can’t contain myself and I explode… seriously? And the guy says that it’s because so many people come in, get a nice phone and then leave the country to never be seen again… sigh! He says the only way to get around that is to have someone sign up for a contract for me and I pay through them for the first 8 months. Luckily I have a wonderful family and Peter promised to be my “parent” and go in there with me one day next week and sign the contract for me.

No comments: