Friday, July 15, 2011

“If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there’d be a shortage of fishing poles”

With that in mind we have decided to move to Sweden for a while.
In three weeks from now, Erik, Syssa and I are leaving, and in a few months Alyssa, Dale and Lina will join us.

I thought it would be a wonderful time to document how the transition affects the family. How the kids react to a new school system, the new language and environment. For all of us how the differences between the cultures will affect us, how Christmas is going to feel for example. And for me, how being away for 11 years may make me look at things differently.

Right now, I’m concentrating on trying to buy all clothes and shoes we will need for at least a year, because I know for sure, I don’t want to buy clothes there…. it costs a fortune!!!

Next, we have to make sure all papers are in order, fix ID cards for the kids and that the birth certificates and passports are valid.

We found a power converter online that we will buy to make sure we can bring some electronics, like the WII and Xbox for games and also Net Flix. I want to make sure I can watch some of my shows over there! I also want to have a croc pot to prepare dinners in, I don’t think I’ve ever seen them in Sweden and they are absolutely wonderful to have during the weeks when I work long hours.

No comments: