Thursday, June 4, 2009

To Lose Your Past

Yesterday I was reminded of a silly game we used to play when I was younger called halvnisse/helnisse. The frightening thing was that though I remembered the name very well, I had absolutely no clue what it was about, nothing about the rules, nothing.

The same thing happened a couple of weeks ago, I stumbled over a phrase in Swedish I hadn't heard in about 15 years and though again it was very familiar somehow, I had no clue what it meant and the correct use of it.

Both of these words/phrases are absolutely meaningless and will not affect my life in any way, but it scared me.
It's like my past is crumbling up in fragments that if I don't keep up pasting them together, soon will be a jig saw puzzle with too many pieces, I don't longer know how to put together and have forgotten what the finished product show

2 comments:

Emilee said...

I love the story about the school calling you- I can picture your face even. :)
I also love your comments about being grateful. I find over and over in my life that it is a great key to seeing truth and to finding joy in life. I wrote much of it on my blog last fall when the prophet delivered a life changing address during that conference. It is something I read often and it helps me so much!

Anyway, I also know how you feel about forgetting the past and you wonder what you need to be doing differently to remember it. Part of me just has to accept that it is okay. Maybe when we die those precious things come back? I would think so since all we really take is love and knowledge. It wil be okay. You are the best and I already miss you!

Annika said...

What is the Swedish phrase?