Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Idiots vs Chimps

I heard a story about a pet Chimp that went crazy yesterday and almost killed his owners best friend. I wanted to read some more about it because Chimps have always fascinated me. So I sit down at the computer and google "killed Chimp".

I read along for a while and then I stumble on a New York Post cartoon published in today's issue.

http://www.nypost.com/delonas/delonas.htm

Two police officers just killed a chimp that's laying in it's own blood on the ground and the police says "They'll have to find someone else to write the next stimulus bill".
I can't even describe how my thoughts flew back and forth in my mind while I looked at the picture.

Is this an American Newspaper, 2009? Nazi Germany 1939 would not have been that surprising, but today, here in the US? Two white police officers, just killed the president portrayed as a Chimpanzee?

I know that the motherland is filled with people that think white is prettier than black. I know also that some call blacks monkeys, but I always thought I knew who they were. Racists are single minded, inbred, uneducated folks that know what happens in the world even though they've never been outside the county limit.

But now they have a friend at New York Post. God knows what idiot reads (oh, forgot, they aren't that good readers, but they can look at the pictures, right?) the cartoon and the picture sparks a something inside of him or her? What if we'll have a assassination attempt or two in the next couple of days?

A year or so a Danish newspaper got in trouble for posting cartoons of Muhammad. A large portion of the Muslim world got upset.
If the normal freedom loving people in this country have any back bone at all I hope to see a uproar against racist propaganda like this, actually not just us here in the US. I'd like to see the whole western world voice their disgust.

And by the way, the poor Chimp that totally went crazy yesterday, was stopped by a bullet. I hope this will push for legislation banning keeping apes and monkeys as pets.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Oh my gosh, this is amazing but you have to laugh. Wow the drama!
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/02/18/new-york-post-chimp-carto_n_167841.html