Monday, January 26, 2009

Stimulus package anyone?

Out of my taxmoney, has the last 6 months been granted about $700,000,000,000.
I know, I had to google it to figure out how many zeros are in billion. It's 9! One thousand million equals one billion.

Now we're hearing about a new package that has to pass fast for the economy to get back on it's feet. This one about 850 billion.

In less than a year more than One Trillion Five Hundred Billion Dollars shall be printed and distributed to banks and CEOs so they can start lending us (the ones that gave them all the cash), money for high fees and interests.

Oh but I almost forgot, maybe even we the people get our share of the stimuli, in form of a taxcut, that for the average family earning less than 100k a year comes to about $50.00 per month...
hmmm what are we going to stimulate ourselves with with all that money at hand?


Hmm, maybe get a new car from a auto maker that just got money from me, with a loan from a bank that just got stimulated enough with money from me, to lend me some money?

Wouldn't it been better if every American got his or her share of that 1,5 trillion to stimulate whoever he or she like to stimulate?

Let's say there's 310 Million americans.
That would be $4838 per every man, woman and child.
Our family would get $24193 and some cents. We could stimulate the car industry if we wanted, the banks if we wanted and what ever we wanted. Some people would be stupid and gamble it away before you could say stimuli, and some people that are smart with their money would be sickly rich in no time... that's how capitalism works, and I'm for that!

Before I end I have to ask for readers discretion, because I suck when it comes to math. So if some of my numbers are off, feel free to correct me.

No comments: