Monday, January 28, 2008

Home Alone (not The Movie)

And of course that's not even true, all my beautiful kids are right here, but it sounded good and even more it felt good to write (read say) it.

I'm home alone, as so many women and quite a few men around the country, alone while their spouses are fighting enemies or sometimes just boredom and home sickness, in a far away world, we are the only ones still at war while the rest of the country has moved on.

Why is it, that the country can move on to more pleasant and trivial things, while there are over 100,000 Americans over in Iraq and Afghanistan, are we so easily distracted as a people or are our attention span just too short?

I watch The Biggest Looser, I know I'm a nerd, but I like the show, but you know what's make me upset?
It's when they start to talk about home and how homesick they are and how much they miss their loved ones. Cameras are up in their faces when they "finally" after 2 (two) weeks away from their family get a chance to call home GIVE ME A BREAK!!!

Military spouses and their families get to talk to their loved ones maybe once a week if they're lucky, and they are gone for months, sometimes years at the time, where are the cameras then, where's the media coverage, where's the cry stories, fundraisers, and community outcries?

I'm not saying I'd like to have a camera lens up my grill when ever I talk to my husband or a camera any time, anywhere, for that matter, but You know what I'm saying?!

Today I heard on the news, John McCain, one of our country's true heroes, that I truly love and admire, but don't agree with one single bit, say three times with in 10 seconds, that there will be more wars. 3 times did he say it, with more weight put on each word for every time he said it, "There Will Be More Wars".

Again, the only ones that will pay for whatever war the maniacs decide us to fight, are the military community. Who quietly, without complains and mostly without the media spotlights step up to the plate and serve...again
My husband, that I'm so incredible proud of, has served his country for more than 22 years now.

I just hope for my family's sake, and the whole military community's sake, that they will take a little breathing moment in between the wars so we have the chance to get out of the service before they launch the next one.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are once again absolutly right - where is the outcry/outpour of outrage and help in our country...it's like what ever they do "accross the ocean doesn't effect us here" - how sadly wrong we have "raised" our country and people to be so selfish! I'm not niave enough to not realize that war happens but i wish the media would be more concerned about raising awareness about the daily struggles of military families and supporting them, than what color panties britney spears didn't wear today.
Our love, prayers and whatever we can do to help are with you all!!
love you,
kat