Wednesday, January 16, 2008

All The Wonderful Children

I have had the opportunity to sub at the world's best pre-school that also happens to be the school where my two youngest have been enrolled for the last 3 years.

The very first time I walked in there to meet with the director I was totally absorbed by the atmosphere and love that flows in the hallways and shine through all teachers and children.

I'm not a Baptist, and will probably never be one, but if there's a place where God's love shine through the floors of heaven it will be at this First Baptist Pre-School.

So, with that said, it was with a great deal of nervousness I entered the classroom for the first time, what if I mess up those young hearts and they'll have to go through therapy for the rest of their lives because of me, well that would really suck.

The first day came and went without any bigger drama and yesterday I went back for a second time in an other class. What a reward!!! Oh, not the money, I'm talking about the kids!

Their love, hugs, offering of secrets and funny comments worked like a conditioner on my mind that has been absorbed with pitiful thoughts way to long and my soul got untangled while wrestling with 9 wonderful 3 year olds.

The best thing, I'm going back tomorrow !!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

See, you found your silver lining!!
There is no way you could ever cause mental harm to kiddo's - your too lovable!!:-) I'm glad God showed you some "love" this week - enjoy it!!! Thomas would have loved having you for a teacher...you were the fun one!lol!
keep your head up and heart open
love ya,
katw